La Montañita Co-op is a socially responsible business that has been nourishing New Mexico families with natural and organic products since 1976. With 4 locations and over 13,000 owner/members, we are committed to supporting the area’s farmers and producers, dedicated to co-operative principals, education and community outreach.
As member-owner, you’ll find at the core of everything we do the values of self-help, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. As a cooperative, we believe in the values of honesty, openness, and social responsibility. A cooperative business belongs to the people who use it.
Our natural and organic products include:
• Organically grown choices including some of the freshest produce in the West, a growing amount of produce from local/regional sources, dairy products, frozen food, bulk foods, and grocery items such as juices, pastas and nut butters
• Complete selection of groceries with an emphasis on local and regionally produced foods
• Top quality, fresh meats cut and wrapped by our meat cutters on site; only certified grass-fed organic beef in city
• Fresh Fish, many wild-harvested varieties
• Great prices on our extensive bulk food selection including beans, rice, flour nuts, herbs, snacks and coffees
• Local products; baked goods, fresh produce in season, eggs and other dairy products and a variety of chilies and salsas
• Nutritional supplements, homeopathic remedies, natural and organic skin care products, eco wise cleaning products
• Deli Foods for folks on the go, from soups and salads to entrees, cooked daily in our kitchens on site
• A large selection of domestic and imported cheeses
La Montañita Co-op Natural Foods Market strives for excellence in all that we do.
Our Mission is to provide to our members, at the lowest price possible, exemplary customer service, environmentally sound products, and the highest quality natural and organic food.
We are committed to ethical business practices, participatory management, and cooperative principles.
Our intention is to provide the entire community, through responsible business practices and education, a working model for a healthy sustainable future.
Write A Review