People’s Food Co-op (Rochester): Rochester, MN - http://www.pfc.coopUpdated: 2012-08-23
We are People’s Food Co-op (Rochester). We are a consumer-owned natural foods store promoting healthy, sustainable, and cooperative living. We value:
• Quality over quantity.
• Minimal processing and traditional preparation.
• Fair-trade and humanely raised products.
• Short food chains and local, sustainable farms.
• Environmentally friendly and economically sound business practices.
• Open membership, democratic control, member economic participation, autonomy, education, and community.
An idea quietly shaped in the stacks of the Rochester Public Library in 1975, the People’s Food Co-op (Rochester), formerly Good Food Store, is now well into its 34th year. It has survived three relocations, a flood, and a handful of hard economic times. The co-op currently has more than 1,400 members.
Mission Statement: To promote healthy, sustainable living by providing fresh natural food and by serving as a vibrant resource for the community.
Write A Review