GreenStar Cooperative Market is a consumer-owned, democratically-run cooperative. We are committed to providing wholesome food and quality goods to our members at the lowest practical cost.
We offer hundreds of organic and natural products, providing a wide variety of products to compliment a green menu and a green lifestyle. The atmosphere at GreenStar supports a growing and vibrant community in which members and non-members are welcome.
GreenStar Cooperative market is a consumer-owned, democratically-run cooperative corporation, committed to providing wholesome food and quality goods to our members at the lowest practical cost, through operation of one or more retail stores and related activities. All profits are returned to the cooperative, rather than to individuals. Member labor is a significant and valued component of GreenStar’s workforce.
The Co-op is committed to running a fiscally sound business, and to the following ethical guidelines:
• Emphasizing the sale of nutritious food in as natural a state as possible
• Exercising ecological responsibility and leadership in our choice of product line and in store operation
• Emphasizing and promoting locally-produced goods, and items made or distributed by other cooperatives
• Educating ourselves about the co-op, the goods we sell, and the principles to which we subscribe
• Providing fair and supportive treatment of our own employees, and being sensitive to the working and living conditions of those whose labor produces the goods we sell
• Creating an accessible, inclusive, non-discriminatory atmosphere that encourages maximum participation as well as respect and open communication among members
GreenStar, in alliance with other co-ops, attempts to build an alternative social and economic structure based on open membership, cooperation, democratic community control, not-for-profit operation and ethical responsibility. We will vigorously seek out and welcome people from all the diverse parts of our community to learn the benefits of co-ops and to become actively involved in them.
Average Rating: Be the first to review this link >
|0 out of 0 users found this review helpful.
Do you think you could allow a Linux flavour to octreauh without being dismissed as nutters?I find the assumption of Windows tends to be a stumbling block in any kind of octreauh-like activity. I'd be happy to stick with OS-agnostic, but then people want me to fix up their windows boxes, and I lack confidence to help. That is to say, I may get the appearance of working just fine while leaving them wide open to viruses/etc.
Did you find this review helpful? Yes No